Rent-to-Own Property Condition Requirements
Properties not eligible for Purchase
- Homes must be in good cosmetic and structural condition including any outbuildings.
- Property homes that are over 100 years old.
- Investor will not purchase homes over 30 years old that are in original condition or with obsolete floorplans, electrical, or plumbing, or other physical obsolescence.
- Investor will not purchase incomplete new construction homes or unfinished rehab projects.
- Homes with a door on a raised level must have a balcony, deck, staircase, or railing built on the exterior that is acceptable to county building code.
- Homes with liens, open permits or unpermitted rehab work will not be considered.
- Homes must have central air conditioning (exceptions may apply in CO, OR, and WA). All new construction homes must have central AC regardless of location.
- Homes must not have any environmental hazards (e.g., mold, lead paint, vermiculite insulation, asbestos, etc.). Homes built in Maryland before
1978 must have a Lead-Free Certificate.
- Homes with seepage or subject to flooding will not be considered.
- Investor will consider homes with synthetic stucco facades on a case-by-case basis.
- Investor will not purchase homes with leased solar panels (Sellers may pay off the lease or remove the solar panels prior to sale).
- Investor will not purchase homes with oil tanks or that use propane tanks as the primary heating source.
- Homes with a history of sinkholes anywhere on or near the property will not be considered.
- Investor will not purchase houses that have sunrooms with glass ceilings.
- Investor will not purchase furnished homes or negotiate for personal property aside from standard appliances.
- Investor will not purchase homes that have dirt driveways.
- Investor will not purchase homes that have open permits that cannot be closed prior to closing.
Homes will not be considered if the Seller is either is Zillow, OfferPad, OpenDoor, or are a relocation company.
- Prior to closing, homes must be vacant and empty of all seller’s personal belongings.